Friday, August 8, 2014

Sometimes

Sometimes you dig a little too deep.

I finally made that dental appointment. We've moved so many times. It's so hard to find new doctors, new dentists, when you seem to stay on the move. Who can you trust? Who can you trust with your kids?

Stepping into the office, I fumble through our file cabinet to find the name of our last dentist. The new patient paperwork has summoned my time.




Sometimes you search a little too far.

And there it was. The sweet reminder. In a 5x7 manila envelope.

I rarely mention it because I don't want others to think I'm not satisfied, I'm not content. I am. I am so blessed.



Sometimes you look a little too closely.

Because this little reminder brings back tender pangs from another blessing. One I had for a very short time. But one I know will be waiting for me in Heaven.

That's a positive.

And a hallelujah.









Sometimes you try a little too hard.

For days, I lay so still. I did all I could to hang onto this little bit.

On my heart's knees, I held on.

But God had other plans.



Sometimes you feel a little less than.

It was the only pregnancy I'd ever had or would ever have.

But it's in those "Sometimes" ... those less than momentsthe digging, the searching, the looking, the trying, the feelingthat we find the One ...

The One who summons our time ...




The One who encamps over us, guiding our every step.

The One who bids us to dig a little deeper for Him.

The One who promises to be found.

The One who will never let go.

The One who names you.

The One who dates you.

The One trustworthy.

At all times.


"Sometimes the cloud was over the tabernacle only a few days; at the Lord’s command they would encamp, and then at his command they would set out."Numbers 9:20


3 comments:

Blessed by you, Shelli